A newfound blogging delight, Callapidder Days is hosting a wonderful new challenge called:
Ooooh, I can hardly contain my excitement!!! Since one of my favorite things to do is read – even having attempted a linky about reading in the not-so-distant past, THIS challenge is right up my alley!!!!
So here is my list (by the way, Katrina encouraged us to be ambitious so that is why this is so long!!!)
1. A Mother’s Rule of Life
2. Discipline That Lasts A Lifetime – R. Guerendi
3. The Catholic Family Handbook
4. Real Learning – Elizabeth Foss
5. Hinds Feet on High Places (again)
6. The Mommy Manual – Barbara Curtis
7. Captivating (Stacy Eldredge – again, but this time for my women’s group)
8. A Severe Mercy – Sheldon Vanauken (again)
9. The Surrendered Wife – Laura Doyle (again)
10. Shepherding a Child’s Heart – Ted Tripp
11. Taking Care of the Me in Mommy – Lisa Welchel
12. Bringing Up Boys – Dobson (still)
13. Creative Correction – Lisa Welchel
14. No Place Like Home – Mary Higgins Clark
15. Pretend You Don’t See Her – Mary Higgins Clark (still)
***Edited to add:
Well, I have looked for all of these books both at the library and at a bookstore last night. And I found NONE of them. Ack! But I did find two others that I forgot I had been meaning to pick up, so I am adding them to my list and starting with them.
16. The Five Love Languages for Children – Gary Smalley (the adult version was amazing so I am thrilled, now that we have children to read this edition. I pray it makes me a better mother!)
17. Raising An Emotionally Intelligent Child – Gottman and Declaire
Oh, and if any of you happen to have reccomendations for good books, go ahead and leave me a comment and tell me why you liked the book!
Don’t forget to head on over to Callapidder Days for the challenge!