Katherine recently wrote about 9 weird things and it just sparked something in me so I had to participate!
1. I cannot stand it when the tags of the blanket are anywhere near my face! Seriously, when tucking me in for a nap, my husband learned early on that the blanket better be properly oriented!! Sheesh!
2. While this doesn’t apply currently because I gave up caffeine and therefore miss my beloved DC – I used to drink Diet Coke all the time but never out of a bottle or can, only on the rocks. I was very particular about my DC – even making special trips to McDonald’s since their DC was the BEST!!!
3. I really, really like to iron. Anything: pants, shirts, toddler clothes, pillowcases & sheets, ANYTHING!! There is something so satisfying about the crisp, starched look of freshly ironed fabric! (….are you still breathing? ‘cuz I know that was a weird one!)
4. When my husband drives, I crochet. So as to not get carsickness. It really works! Reading does not because the words bounce all over the page, but crocheting- you really don’t have to look that closely at it to get the stitch right!
5. I am not a huge fan of chicken (I eat it because I have to most of the time, like either it is served to me or it is just the healthier choice that day). But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Buffalo Chicken Wings!!!
6. My husband says this is a weird one, but I must have the shower door open when I take a shower. I hate how stuffy it gets when it is closed.
7. Along these same lines, I must have a glass of ice water with me while I blowdry my hair. I have a TON of hair so it takes forever, and I get a little hot – so I drink ice water. I also read while I blowdry my hair….seriously, it takes that long!
8. I love EVERY SINGLE VEGETABLE I have ever tried: asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, radishes, red onions, beans & snow peas…you name it and I love it! Yum-o! My sister in law is a vegetarian (talk about 9 weird things) and she doesn’t really like vegetables at all! So, she probably thinks I am a little weird for loving all these veggies!
9. I despise raw cookie dough. Nothing about it is appealing to me. Everyone else I know goes ga-ga over it and I just hate it. Blech.
10. I am a Canadian girl living south of the Mason-Dixon line with a slightly southern twang to my voice (so I’ve been told – I think I talk just right y’all). I love big hair, and going out with your face on, and I believe in Southern hospitality and graciousness. I suppose I am more texan than I am canadian and I live in missouri!
Okay, so I tag you! If you are reading this and feel so inclined, write your 9 werid things, let me know and I’ll link you here!