I have decided to enter a small space into the challenge as well….
since I was, you know, doing it anyway!
Yup, I re-purposed containers I already had, and used shelving that was already in there – just switched it around for a fresh look and a new system!
Starting on the left…
– a hanging hook on the inside of the closet on the “door-side” if you will where I can hang anything – for now it is the black/toile infantino sling.
– a lower shelving unit which is home to a lamp, a piggy bank, a monitor, and a stuffed elephant (the first thing the kids picked out for Baby Zachary when they found out they were having a baby brother).
– the blue photo box you see is Zachary’s momento box. I always start one of these for my kiddos before they are even born. So far this box has letters from me to Zachary in it, and a copy of his ultrasound picture. This will have to be stored much higher soon. (Good thing there is a super high top shelf!!)
– I am not sure what else I am going to put on this shelf – see all that empty space!! It is nice to have room to grow within a system!
OKay, in the middle: tall shelf with 3 baskets.
– one for bibs, one for hats, and one for socks. Simple. Organized. Pretty.
Clothes hanging up in the right hand corner are 0-3 month clothes. And way up on the top shelf above those clothes you may or may not be able to see a clear container. I have 3 of these. (The other two need to have their contents, which are non-baby related, removed and then they will be empty and ready to go up providing even more room to grow within the system!!) Right now, that one bin is all kinds of baby toiletries. I am the type of person who stocks up when there is a sale or something is on clearance or whatever so that is what those bins will be for. One for extra toiletries, one for extra packs of wipes & diapers, and one for bed linens. These are things you only need to pull out every so often, so it makes no sense for them to be stored any lower.
Okay, and now at the very bottom. You see more clothes on the left? Well those are 3-6 month clothes. We have no idea how big the baby will be ofcourse, and he could grow very fast. So I have those washed and waiting in the wings to be worn!! Then you see a laundry basket – these collapsable ones are MY FAVORITE KIND!!! And then the folded bouncy seat resting against the wall. All clean, simple, organized.
Ahhhhh. This feels great!!