Okay, that was a http://www2.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifsilly title to tell you that I am going to write about ME in a Meme!
Karen over at Exceedingly Abundant has tagged me for the 8 Things about Me meme!
So here are 8 things about me that you perhaps never knew:
1. I am a Mac convert. I used to be a die-hard IBM user and even had many debates with my then-fiance over the merits of the IBM versus the Mac. Shortly after my son was born, I was nursing him at the computer desk, talking with my 13-month old, and I answered the phone only to tip a tall glass of ice water over on my desk and completely fry my IBM!! Ever since I have been using a Mac and I have to say that I will never, EVER go back!!!
2. When I am in the midst of a really great book, rather than devour it quickly, I like to read it a little at a time in order to savor the delight!! I even will go a few days without reading any of it all so as to prolong my enjoyment of it all the more!
3. I absolutley must wear mascara. I have been known to turn the car around if my mascara has been left behind and I absentmindedly left home without applying any!!
4. I have trouble spending money on things I can get for free. (Like books and cd’s when I can get them from the library and I am not totally sure if I am going to like them anyway!)
5. I NEVER EVER read anything twice (except a few academic works and the bible!) and I try very hard to not ever watch things twice! Ever!
6. I love to ski and I miss the mountains. I know that technically that is two things but I am seriously not going to use two slots for this one since they are interconnected. I grew up not too far from the Canadian Rockies and so I learned to ski very young! I wish we lived in Colorado or some place where we could ski more often. I haven’t been in 6 years!!
7. I can skate on hockey skates (non-figure-skates) – really well! I also haven’t done that in a little while, but it actually is exactly like riding a bike – you just get back on!! I hope to teach our kids how to skate this winter!
8. I enjoy wearing an apron, baking, cooking, cleaning & doing laundry because it means I am serving the ones I love with my whole being!! There is something deeply satisfying about this vocation that I just love. I am always on the prowl for new, more efficient ways to accomplish these tasks, and products that will do the job and not harm my family!
There you have it, 8 Things About Me.
I would like to tag:
Missy @ Four in Tow